My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding listed business operating in the Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical Industry.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a company accountant to join the business ideally situated in North Leicestershire.
Reporting into the CFO, the Company Accountant will be joining a small finance team that are playing a significant part in the identification and enablement of the developmental change required to support our company growth and evolution, as we seek to disrupt the global market for which our platform technology is seeking to target.
This position is a great opportunity to ensure the delivery of a high quality and effective finance function that provides timely and accurate internal and external reporting as required.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Prepare monthly management accounts for final review with the CFO.
• Prepare consolidation workings and draft SEC filings for 10-Q (quarterly filing), 10-K (annual filing), and prepare local statutory accounts.
• Act as the direct point of contact for both external and internal auditors.
• Support the CFO to maintain, monitor and improve the SOX control environment to align with the business needs.
• Prepare and submit quarterly group VAT returns.
• Providing data for external consultants processing Corporation Tax, R&D Tax Claims and P11Ds.
• Carrying out weekly bank reconciliations.
• Maintain and update fixed asset records.
• Keeping sufficient records and schedules that support all account balances and manage entries for all accounting ledgers.
• Process documentation and Accounting Policies.
• Produce budgets and forecasts as part of month end work e.g. update forecasts for actual trend variations.
• Managing cash flow and bank balances.
• Dealing with Companies House and National Statistics returns.
• Providing cover for the Purchase Ledger Clerk duties such as setting up supplier payments where urgent payments are required.
• Work closely with the inventory team to manage and maintain the stock control module in Sage 200, attending monthly stock counts to ensure completeness and accuracy of all records.
• Acting as a key interface and point of reference for the other business functions to provide advice and support where required.
What will you need to be successful?
• Qualified/Part-Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or qualified by experience.
• My client is genuinely open minded to all options, as it’s more about experience and personality fit – we are looking for somebody who will be comfortable with managing and controlling the change we expect to come as we work to scale the business over the coming years.
• Strong/flexible communication skills.
• Experience on Sage beneficial but not essential
• Experience of Microsoft tools is key i.e. use of VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs, INDEX & MATCH
• Ability to learn new skills quickly as the business evolves rapidly.