My client is a dynamic and industry leading SME Manufacturing business that forms part of a larger international group.
Following a recent acquisition, FRS have been enlisted to assist in the recruitment of a Company Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business.
The role reports directly into the UK MD and Group based in Europe, with candidates working from their site near Birmingham International Airport and therefore close to the M42.
This is a No 1 Finance role on site for the UK business, therefore offers great exposure, variety and scope of development.
– Responsible for all aspects of Finance, and a small Finance Team, reporting to the Managing Director.
– Preparation of financial statements and accounts, including month end and year end reports, balance sheet reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, cash flow forecasts, debtors and creditors analysis, which are presented to the Senior Management Team, Shareholders and Auditors.
– Contributing to the Management Team”s decision-making processes, by recording, analysing and providing clear financial information.
– Management of sales, purchase and nominal Ledgers, payroll, pensions, fixed assets, forecasting, treasury, foreign exchange, financing and raising capital.
– Preparation of all HMRC returns, including VAT, Intrastats, and EC Sales and ONS Reports.
– Co-ordination and Management of Year End Financial Audit, and other periodic audits from various stakeholders.
– Liaising with internal functions and external auditors during the audit to gather, collate and present all information required.
– Collating annual budgets and supporting information, enabling monthly and annual variances and revised forecasts based on actual performance.
– Play a lead role in improvement projects across processes, controls and systems.
The ideal candidate will be formally Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or working towards qualification, and have previous experience gained in a similar position; with the confidence to deliver all aspects of site based Financial and Management Accounting, whilst reporting into the Group based in Europe.
This position is newly created, therefore offers a great chance to make a difference and add value to the business.
The successful candidate must have the confidence to communicate at all levels, influencing key stakeholders on best practice and driving continuous improvement.
A good level of IT literacy is essential, to include Intermediate use of MS Excel (Pivots / Look Ups) and other ERP Systems.
A competitive basic salary coupled with benefits and performance related bonus awaits.