My client is a bespoke manufacturer of unique products with a wide reaching market, with exciting growth opportunities laying ahead as a result of a recent acquisition by a larger international group.
As such, FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Company Accountant / Financial Controller to join the business, based in Telford.
This is a key role operating as the No 1 in UK Finance and will form part of the leadership Team, to help manage the changes and development of the company.
This is a developing role and we are looking to work with the candidate to work in a “hands-on” environment, but create management information that will guide the company in the coming years.
• Review Nominal Ledger, and post all journals to record monthly assets, liabilities and expenses, for month-end and year-end process
• Prepare and analyse financial statements, and report to directors on variances and other key performance indicators
• Prepare management accounts and cash flow projections
• Preparing Sales invoicing daily and ensure Credit Control in line with company terms
• Check all Purchase Invoices are correctly authorised and process to Purchase Ledger
• Reconcile factoring, bank statements and intra-company accounts
• Responsible for bank and control accounts, and process all cash movements
• Process information required for weekly and monthly payroll
• Review and finalise the preparation, processing, and reporting of the payroll as needed
• Work closely with Operations Management Team on a day-to-day basis
• Review weekly Gross Margin Reports and report on variances from standard costs
• Monitor and process company Credit Card accounts
• Provide support and mentoring for shared administrative assistant
• Dealing with queries from staff, suppliers, customers where needed
Applicants should have previous experience in a similar role, with the ability to produce a set of Management Accounts without supervision, but equally be happy to remain hands-on with day to day finance duties.
Study support towards AAT / ACCA / CIMA can be given for those still studying, however my client is equally open to those that are Qualified or QBE.
Previous experience of working within a Manufacturing business is desirable, and experience of working within an international business a major advantage, but not essential.
A good level of IT Literacy is required, to include Intermediate MS Excel and Sage Accounting Software.
In return, a basic salary of up to £40,000 plus excellent benefits and great working environment await.