My client, a leading professional within the business service sector, is recruiting for a Credit Analyst due to expansion within the organisation.
With a location of North Leicestershire, easily commutable from the East Midlands.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an extremely successful business in an important senior role. This role would suit candidates from a Credit background.
Monitoring of buyer portfolio and providing analytical assistance to underwriting team.
The credit division is a friendly place to work and you will be well supported by other members of the risk team.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Be working closely with multiple teams including our risk, customer relations and claims teams.
• Need to explain our decisions to policyholders, brokers and internal staff in the Customer relations team.
• Develop strong financial analytical skills, have a good understanding of financial statements and keep up to date with reporting developments.
• Need an awareness of the economic environment, and the market conditions that influence the Credit Insurance product.
• Have confidence to ask questions (by phone and email), in response to information provided, of both internal and external customers.
• Be able to present findings to the business to inform decisions.
This role will provide opportunity to diverge into any one of the teams that are regular touch points, including specialist sector underwriter for the candidate with the correct initiative and skills set.
• Undertake ongoing buyer / credit limit monitoring, to ensure continued profitability within the portfolio.
• Allocation of monitoring alerts to the specialist underwriting team.
• Dealing with the monitoring of changes in buyer ratings to grade 7 or 8.
• Analysis of financial statements to establish creditworthiness.
• Explanation of reasons for reducing / withdrawing limits to CRD.
• Direct contact with both brokers and policy holders, as required to provide explanations for decisions.
• Review and processing of policyholder overdue reports referred by Underwriting Assistant, including reducing / withdrawing of limits and sanctioning of policyholder repayment plans up to a value of £25k, within agreed guidelines.
• Following up Overdue reports with Brokers and Insureds to understand current status and provide solution ideas.
• Providing regular updates on overdues to the wider business.
• Ensuring group structures are amended.
• Strict use of the underwriting criteria to grant credit limits.
• General support to the risk underwriting team as required.
• Other reasonable duties instructed by the Risk Underwriting Manager.
• Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to follow instructions and make decisions using information gathered.
• Ability to build effective business relationships.
• Studying towards or holding Credit Management qualification.
• Ideally, educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Previous financial analysis experience is desirable.
• Ideally, an understanding of financial statements.
• Experience working in a similar role would be advantageous.
– Effective monitoring of our buyer portfolio to ensure limits are withdrawn or reduced where appropriate. The loss ratio of the division will be a clear objective measure of success.
– Assistance with the implementation and operation of the buyer grading system is a key objective in this role.
– Detailed understanding of financial statements, leading to the correct decisions to withdraw or reduce cover as appropriate is a critical skill required.
– There are over 50,000 buyers in the portfolio and the volume of reviews required each day is high. There is assistance from automated processes. Quick and accurate decision making is required.
– Clear information on Overdue reports being progressed, managed and escalated where appropriate within the business.