Are you a Credit Control Manager looking for a new challenge? Are you looking to be part of an ambitious and growing law firm, in a role that combines line and financial management? Are you looking for a challenging, stand-alone role in a fast paced environment?
The role will require you to operate as a subject matter expert for Credit Control, with full responsibility for its performance. You will be responsible for managing, developing and leading the credit control team.
The role also includes setting KPIs and collection targets, and reviewing performance against those. The role will be responsible for ensuring that all collection activities are recorded and that cash collection is maximised.
A key part of the role will be monitoring and investigating outstanding debt, and working with key contacts across the firm to facilitate the conversations required to allow collections to take place quickly and efficiently. The role will also be responsible for maintaining and improving departmental processes and reporting, and building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers.
As part of the Finance team, you will be expected to have the following skills and experience:
– Strong leadership skills
– Proven ability to multitask
– Appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting, and the importance of strong financial controls
– Confident, articulate and adept in obtaining and, where necessary challenging information in order to progress processing and meet targets
– Organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to prioritise work appropriately
– A robust approach to relationships and interactions with colleagues
– A genuine team player, appreciating the importance of team goals
– A proven focus on improving effectiveness and efficiency of processes
– The finance department is often a lively and pressurised environment, the job holder should recognise and respond positively to this as appropriate
– The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and meet critical deadlines
Previous experience of working in a client focused environment, with the ability to communicate at all levels is essential.