The role of a Credit Controller involves overseeing the accounts and making sure everything runs smoothly, from the invoicing being completed to money being collected for the reporting entities.
• Day to Day collection of outstanding invoices.
• Ensure debts are collected before they become overdue, whilst ensuring older debts are collected and dealt with as a priority.
• A strong telephone based role, calls inbound and outbound must be a priority.
• Handle queries and resolve problems efficiently for Credit Control and the business.
• Open items on the ledgers such as unallocated cash / credits are identified and cleared promptly.
• To build relationships with external customers and internal colleagues to achieve best result for the business.
• Receive, respond and resolve customer queries in a timely manner, that come into the department via email and telephone.
• Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
• Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment and paid on due date.
• Ensuring Collection targets are met weekly / monthly.
• Must have Credit Control experience
• Demonstrate a drive to do a good job, persevering until a query is resolved
• Dealing with outstanding debts which need collecting in a timely manner (to terms)
• Assist with month-end / weekly reporting and reconciliations
• Good keyboard skills, with working knowledge of Excel
• Excellent time management skills
• Polite and confident telephone manner
• Ability to use own initiative when required
• Take ownership and responsibility for customer accounts assigned to them
• A good strong team player who is highly motivated to achieve set objectives / targets
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week