My client, a global industrial supplier with headquarters in Lake Forest, IL, USA and annual turnover of $11.2bn is looking for an experienced Credit Controller.
A new business in the Industrial MRO market, looking to increase our share of market, through a proposition that is focussed around the needs of our customers.
The team is located in Leicester, LE18.
They aspire fast growth; we seek new ideas to succeed and disrupt the market; we solve problems and seek out new ones; and we seek individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of collection and credit activity.
The role is accountable for reconciliation, credit control and setting up new accounts.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will work closely alongside other operations teams including Marketing and Customer Service.
The business is at an important and exciting early stage, where a dynamic A/R specialist can have a large impact to support the rapid growth.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reconciliation of customer accounts, cash receipts via credit card and Paypal, and refunds.
2. Management of daily bank transactions and cash application across multiple accounts.
3. Investigation and validation of account discrepancies.
4. Ensuring the sales ledger is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
5. Assist in reviewing new customer credit applications, and ensuring adherence to credit policies.
6. Managing existing debt recovery process, and proactively contacting customers regarding overdue balances.
7. Dealing with customer queries related to invoices and outstanding balances, and coordinating with Customer Service as required.
8. Analysis and reporting of debtor ageing, bad debt and credit limits.
9. Good understanding and experience initiating legal proceedings on unpaid debts.
Preferred Education & Experience:
1. Previous experience in account receivable and credit control.
2. Excellent knowledge of billing and collections procedures and best practice.
3. Experience in dealing with high numbers of transactions through multiple channels.
4. Experience with using SAP an advantage.
5. Strong customer focus.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
7. Ability to prioritise effectively and manage.
1. Reports to the Head of Finance.
2. Requires limited travel, as needed both domestically and internationally.
3. Collaborates closely with other members of the team.