· To provide a comprehensive credit control service in a fast-paced environment, to support the business by ensuring that outstanding debts are collected in a timely and professional manner.
· Work closely with the sales team to lead on the development and promotion of efficient cash collection and debt reduction.
. Performance of day to day credit control processes for allocated customers
· Through telephone / e-mail communication, maintain regular contact with customers to chase outstanding debts
· Resolution of sales ledger queries and related phone calls
· Daily allocation and posting of customer payment from the bank statement
· Allocation, posting and banking of daily cheques received
· Raising and posting (on a weekly and monthly basis), DD collection journal, notifications and processing through the bank
· Produce and check monthly statements
· Generate and communicate weekly Aged debtor reports to sales account managers, and provide additional support as required
· Identify and escalate referrals for Ascent (debt collection agency), prepare information and liaising with parties involved as and when required
· Take customer bank card payments as and when required
· Complete credit checks on Experian, in order to recommend customer credit limits
· Set up of customer account and ensure full communication of information to relevant parties
· Provide credit references to external parties as and when required
· Cover for other credit control colleagues in their absence, as and when required