My client, a leading professional within the insurance sector, is recruiting for a Claims professional with previous experience in Credit Control. This company offers a great working environment and benefits and are located in North Leicester, so easily commutable from throughout the East Midlands.
Investigation, examination, negotiation, and settlement of credit insurance claims within established guidelines and parameters set.
To provide administrative support and information collection to the Claims Team.
Full training for the role will be given, previous experience in Credit Control is required.
– Recording and / or monitoring insolvency dates forming the claim event
– Mathematically checking claims
– Calculating and entering provisions
– Confirming insolvency events and setting up spreadsheets to collect data
– Liaison with Insolvency Practitioners and external stakeholders
– Examining and assessing claims submitted, including making settlement within agreed authority schedules and specified timescales, with advance notice to sales staff where required
– Identifying fraudulent claims
– Input and retrieval of data on bespoke database, including basic Excel spreadsheet management
– Monitoring salvages by use of diary system and spreadsheet recording
– Reporting (where appropriate) concerns to Risk / Underwriters for limit / cover reviews
– Informing management of potential large losses and recording same on department Trawl spreadsheet
– Calling customers to collect data
– Setting up and paying claims using bespoke IT system
– Chasing customers for information and refunds
– Handling general email and telephone queries
– Management of paperless filing system
– Receiving and handling basic complaints, with referral to management where required
– Advising Policyholders on claims procedures
– General administration
Other reasonable duties as instructed by the Claims Manager, ensuring a professional and fair approach is portrayed at all times, and taking an active role in Team discussions and helping shape the way we do things.
– Ensure all Claims are handled and resolved within defined KPI’s
– Deliver first class service to internal and external customers
– Understand the policies we operate and differentiate service levels accordingly
Skills and Experience Specification:
– Educated to A Level standard / BTEC Level 3 or equivalent
– Good written communication skills, including letter writing
– Good verbal communication skills and confident telephone manner, and clearly spoken
– Basic Word Processing and spreadsheet skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft tools
– Flexible, proactive attitude and team player
– Commercial awareness