My client is a leading European business with their UK Head Office based in Coventry, they now seek a new Credit Control Manager to lead a growing team.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will take an instrumental role in leading a creditable Sales Ledger team in supporting the wider business to achieve both financial and operational targets.
You will be approachable and experienced with managing a Credit team of approximate numbers of 6-12 (perm & temp), and focussed on delivery of both financial and service targets.
Suitable candidates will be strong leaders, approachable, confident and have excellent communication skills across all levels of the business. Candidates who are innovative and bring new ideas to the table will be well received.
Duties will include:
– Lead and provide day to day management of the Credit Control team in head office
– Cultivate excellent relationships with key stakeholders within the business, ensuring compliance with agreed KPIs and targets
– Ensure continuity of cash collection and undertake debt reduction to agreed targets
– Achieve excellent customer service through consistent delivery; having a flexible approach to customer issues; adding value through continuous improvement of processes and making efficiency improvements; ensuring resolution of escalated customer issues
– Aid with cash flow forecasting and rigorously measure the collection performance against forecast
– Be actively involved in recruitment, performance development and talent development of their team (including setting SMART objectives), to ensure the blend of the team meets the needs of the business
– Engage with the finance and operational colleagues within the wider business, to implement and maintain robust collection procedures and processes and to work to address risk to minimise bad debts
– Identify training and development needs to ensure the continual development of the team
– Document and maintain all Credit Control processes; review regularly within the context of the wider business and communicate changes on a regular basis
– Deliver accurate and timely financial and management reporting
– Work with 3rd parties, and work within any dispute resolution processes to enhance cash collection
– Engage with operational and management accounting colleagues to assist in resolution of disputes, and escalated accounts to resolve late payment
Suitable candidates will have / be:
– ICM Qualified (or relevant management experience)
– Basic accounting qualification such as AAT, CIMA or ACCA
– Experienced in managing teams of a similar size would be advantageous (8-12 credit staff)
– Will have experience in identifying and implementing process improvements