My client is a leading award-winning £70m turnover business, employing over 800 employees and still rapidly expanding, and well on track to deliver on their exciting 5 year strategic plan.
Due to the above growth, they have now engaged FRS on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Director to join their business, ideally situated in South Derbyshire.
Reporting into the Group Finance Director and Managing Director, this is a key role, part of the company’s continued expansion and will take financial stewardship of one of the groups most successful and profitable businesses.
– Number 1 in finance within the Divisional Business, and key member of the Senior Management Team.
– Oversee preparation of monthly management accounts.
– Work with commercial and land teams to set up cashflow appraisals for any new projects.
– Carry out financial appraisal of new developments during Capex sign off process.
– Work closely with all departments to pull together budget and subsequent 5 year plan.
– Work with Managing Director to pull together people and overhead plan and costings.
– Attend and present at quarterly group board meetings and deputise for MD when required.
– Full responsibility for regional plot delivery, profit and cash.
– Attend weekly build / sales meeting to drive production in line with budget / forecast.
– Attend monthly Cost to Complete meetings to review and challenge all cost versus Capex plan.
– Line management, training and development of a small team of finance professionals.
This is a newly created finance position and would be ideally suited to a candidate that has experience operating in a site No 1 Position, however those operating at Finance Manager or Controller level seeking their first number one position will also be considered.
Applicants must be qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with PQE gained working in or around the construction industry being a major advantage, however those from other industries or even a first move from practice would also be considered.
In return, this exciting and varied role offers great scope to impact the continued expansion of this already profitable business, and also play a key role in the Groups continued expansion.
A basic salary of up to £85,000 coupled with Car (or allowance) and excellent benefits await.