My client is a well regarded FTSE Listed business, ideally located within Coventry and therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for a dynamic ACA Qualified Accountant to join the business as Finance Manager, however with a clear and planned progression for the role to develop to Divisional Finance Director within a 3 year window.
Forming part of the Divisional Senior Management Team, this position will drive the financial performance of the business unit, supporting the Managing Director to achieve the agreed business plan and sustainable, profitable growth.
This position will have a broad level of operational knowledge, to enable critical review and challenge of key decisions and information across all of the Division’s disciplines.
You will partner the Divisional MD and Group FD, delivering the below:
• Divisional Management.
• Develop the business plan for the division with other functional heads within the division, and ensuring it is aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives.
• Ownership of the budget and three year forecast for the division, ensuring it is accurate and well managed, and ultimately delivering it.
• Review and challenge proposed land acquisitions, including areas such as the financial assumptions and VAT issues.
• Primary divisional contact for divisional HR, payroll, IT and fleet issues with support available from Group.
• Lead and manage the Divisional finance team and ensure accuracy, quality and efficiency are maximised.
• Reporting, Controlling and Operational.
• Manage the interim and year end process with external auditors through to sign off for the division.
• Oversee all month end processes for the division and timely delivery of management information, to both the divisional management team and Group.
• Treasury management – ensuring monthly and daily cash flow forecasts for the division are as accurate as possible.
• Accurately complete returns to Group such as at year end, half year end, budgets, pay review, bonus calculations, National Statistics and prompt payments.
• Management compliance and overall responsibility for all taxes relating to the Division – this includes VAT, CIS, payroll taxes and corporation tax.
• Forecast valuation revenues in conjunction with the Sales Director for inclusion in the quarterly valuations.
The ideal candidate will be ACA Qualified with PQE gained within industry, in a role incorporating accounting and financial control responsibly.
Experience must include – financial and management accounting, including leading month end close, evidence of responding to and working with external auditors, providing analysis, profit and loss and cashflow, forecasting and planning, supporting and challenging businesses to make optimal operational and performance decisions.
This is a lead Finance role within the divisional business and the ability to lead, guide, mentor and develop a small team of finance professionals is also required.
In return, this position promises to be both varied and challenging, and is ideally suited to a candidate seeking future development to a Finance Director position.
Market leading benefits coupled with a highly competitive bonus and basic salary of up to £80,000 and Car (Or Allowance) awaits.