My client is a well regarded SME business within the manufacturing industry, ideally based rurally on the Northern outskirts of Melton Mowbray and therefore easily commutable from Grantham, Newark on Trent, East Nottinghamshire and North Leicestershire.
Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified Accountant to join the business as a Factory Accountant.
Whilst working closely with the wider finance team and managing direction, this position is largely stand-alone, taking responsibility for timely Cost and Management Accounting.
• Cost benefit analysis for specific capital expenditure, operational and commercial management
• Generation of product costings and maintenance of standard costing model
• Ownership of Manufacturing KPI’s and Yield analysis, other efficiency tracking
• Ownership of the product costing cycle for customers
• Generation of actual customer and product profitability on a weekly basis
• Standard costing reporting and the product costing mechanics
• Validation and verification of weekly raw materials and sales, reconciling actual costs to usage / produced costs, and comparison to period end results budgets and forecasts
• Review Bill of Materials of manufactured products within each division
• Cost entire range of products for re-tendering with customers
• Standardising the costing concept and models for sites
• Liaise with production and new product development validating yields
• Compare the actual weekly labour cost to the budgeted that won the business, and explain the impact on the gross margin to non-financial staff of the business
• New Product Costing for tendering and product amendments
• KPI production volumes, direct labour, materials, agency, engineering, controlling the prime cost per tonne on a daily basis
• Weekly agency labour analysis versus budget and journal preparation by cost centre
• Producing Weekly and Monthly management accounts, budgets, and forecasts
• Timely financial reporting, including the production of monthly P&L’s, providing variance analysis to financial and non-financial managers
• Prepare the narrative commentary which supports the company’s trading and forecasts, forming important relationships and business partnering with senior management
The ideal candidate will be working towards formal qualification (CIMA / ACCA / ACA / AAT) if not already qualified, and have previous experience gained within Management or Cost Accounting.
Experience gained within Manufacturing is desirable, however transferable experience gained in Management Accounting or other fast moving businesses would also be considered.
In return, this is a permanent position that can offer an amazing working environment, excellent benefits, basic salary of up to £45,000 and study support for those still studying.