My client is a well regarded £20m Turnover SME business within the Manufacturing Industry, ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire Borders.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Finance and Operations Commercial Director to join the business.
Working closely with the MD, this role is to take full responsibility for the financial stewardship of the business, whilst also partnering the MD closely in the general day to day running of the business.
• Assist the Managing Director with the general day to day running of a busy and rapidly expanding manufacturing facility with 40 employees
• Management of daily operations, including all financial processes, production, production planning, contract negotiations, employee training and development
• Weekly, monthly and annual reporting, forecasting and managing budgets
• Production of daily, weekly and monthly KPIs
• New customer engagement and on-boarding
• Purchase, Sales and stock forecasting to ensure smooth customer fulfilment
• Wastage, Returns, consignment stock reporting
• Analysis of customer complaints
• Analysis of stock variances and procedure reviews
• Constant drive to improve quality of products and service, by reviewing new equipment purchases and adapting workflow processes
• Identifying opportunities to expand the company business, analysing the financial climate and market trends to assist owners in creating strategic plans for the future
• Proactively increasing gross profit margin, by reducing material and labour costs and creating added value for clients
• Handling new and existing client enquiries, and adding new product lines with minimal effect on production workflow
• Analysing sales, marketing, finance and other reports to gain insights into improving performance and maximising growth, and to seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
• Risk assessment involved with new initiatives, ensure deadlines are met and the teams are ready to handle unexpected situations
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) in accountancy, with previous experience gained within a lead finance position.
Experience and desire to be involved in the broad day to day running is also essential, with wider business experience of leading on Quality Control / HR / IT / Sales.
This position is newly created and can be moulded around the successful candidate.
A basic salary of £60,000 plus excellent benefits, and true scope to influence the day to day running and continued expansion of the business can be offered.