My client is a well-regarded SME business within the Import sector, ideally situated within North East Leicester.
Due to retirement of a long serving employee, they now have a vacancy for an experienced Accountant / Finance Professional to join the business as Finance and Operations Manager.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a key role to the business, taking full responsibility for the day to day running of a busy office.
• Full responsibility for company Financial and Management Accounting to include, Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis and Statutory returns such as VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat
• Proving detailed report and analysis on business performance, review and drive improvement to Sales and Margins / provide commentary to MD
• Management of company bank accounts ensuring smooth cash flow, cash flow forecasting and payment of suppliers and expenses
• Oversee a small team of finance professionals, ensuring timely management of Purchase Ledger, Credit Control and sales Ledger
• Running of Weekly and Monthly Payrolls within timescales, and resolve employee queries
• Management of company stock, sales order processing and play a key role in company Projects, to include IT Systems
• Company secretarial duties, as required for the general running of a small but busy finance office
The ideal candidate will be experienced within a similar broad finance role, with knowledge of both financial and management accounting, but also be willing to assist with a broad array of other finance and non finance tasks.
Qualification in CIMA / ACCA / ACA would be preferred, however those with relevant practical experience that are QBE will also be considered.
In return, a basic salary of £45,000 plus excellent benefits and great scope to really impact the business during this key time can be offered.