We are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a thriving and growing construction company in their small finance team, based in Northampton.
The main purpose of the role will be to maintain and manage the sales and purchase ledger, whilst contributing to an accurate reflection of debtors and creditors.
• Maintain cashbook, updating it with receipts and payments on a daily basis
• Process sales invoices in accordance with company timescales and procedures
• Process purchase invoices and ensure payment to suppliers in a timely manner, and in accordance with legislation
• Allocate receipts and payments to appropriate budgets and accounting periods
• Maintain the monthly cashbook journal, reporting any concerns to the finance manager
• Manage the petty cash
• Support the finance manager with the monitoring, management, recording and reporting of company credit card use
• Support the finance manager in ensuring an effective credit control, and chasing debt
• Liaise with colleagues in a professional manner at all times, working flexibly to deliver an excellent service to customers and to positively promote the Company
• Assist with the purchasing needs of the business
Previous experience in a similar accounting role will be required in order to be considered for this vacancy, along with good system skills and excellent communication skills.