FRS are exclusively recruiting a Finance Assistant for a reputable renowned organisation based in Solihull.
You will be joining a well established finance team and reporting into the Financial Controller, managing all aspects of day to day transactional finance to ensure efficient and accurate running of the finance department.
Duties will include:
– Maintain the purchase ledger; add new suppliers, process invoices and follow up queries with suppliers or internal staff as applicable
– Prepare and raise BACS payments
– Record all sales ledger payments received and investigate any queries
– Electronic expense analysis and administration of Web Expenses
– Process company credit cards
– Assist with sales ledger invoicing
– Bank account reconciliation
– Responsible for debtors ledger, to ensure all queries are resolved and debts collected in a timely manner using a range of methods
– Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reductions
– Adhere to the organisations financial policies and procedures
– Answer questions and aid stakeholders, customers and clients as needed with potential other tasks over time, to include:
– Monthly accruals, prepayments and posting journals
– Month end reconciliations including debtors / creditors ledgers, bank accounts and other
– Assist during the budgeting and forecasting processes
– Assist in the production of year end accounts and with any audit queries
Ideally you will be AAT Qualified, but this is not essential.
You will have knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage 50, Sage 200, SAP, MS Excel etc.