FRS are recruiting a Finance Assistant for an innovative business who have an excellent office culture, including lots of team social events and get togethers (when allowed!).
The role would be a mixture of office based work and working from home (2-3dpw from home once onboarded).
The current finance team is four in total, and your line manager will be the Financial Controller.
Ideally, you will be coming in from a SME environment and in the process of studying your AAT Qualification as the business are really keen on studiers, but that said, it is not a deal breaker.
Duties will include:
– Purchase ledger, including processing invoices, raising / resolving queries
– Sales ledger, including raising and sending out invoices and answering queries
– Bank reconciliations / supplier statements
– Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
– Assisting with VAT returns
– Matching, checking and coding invoices
– Credit control – calling customers and clearing any aged debt, resolving queries and escalating troublesome accounts to management
– Managing petty cash
– Data entry
– Assisting the FC when it comes to month end preparation
Over time, once you get your feet under the desk and establish yourself within the department, the Financial Controller is keen to develop and progress staff, which involves offering an excellent study package and also a company profit related bonus system in place.
£21,000 – £23,000 plus £bonus and study package.