My client is an International market leader within the manufacturing sector, with a UK Site turnover in the region of £100m.
Due to a period of change and business improvement, they now have a new position for a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant to join the UK Finance Team based in North Leicestershire (Nr M1) as Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key role to the business and is effectively the second most senior finance position within the business, and will play a major part in the delivery of the company’s change and improvement program, with candidates having the ability to assist within Improvement projects alongside BAU Accounting activity.
Whilst this job has historically been in existence as part of the finance structure, the fore mentioned changes require the position to be more outward facing, therefore strong business partnering are key, to not just produce the numbers but bring them to life and communicate to key stakeholders across wider team sales, Operations, Production to help improve margins, efficiency and profitability.
• Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in all aspects of financial management of the company.
• Support the business with the delivery of financial KPI information and modelling of income, margins and costs. Provide insightful analysis to support improved performance.
• General insight regarding the performance of sales and account performance with predictive modelling.
• Maintenance and development of management information reports.
• Preparation of the annual budget.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts.
• Monthly stocktake reporting.
• Analysis of costs and nominal accounts.
• Preparation of statutory monthly reports (eg. ECSL, VAT returns, intrastat).
• Control cash flow on a daily / weekly and monthly basis, together with forecasts.
• Coordinate the annual external audit.
The ideal candidate will be a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant (AAT, CIMA, ACCA), with strong experience within management accounting and ideally, previous Stakeholder Engagement / Business Partnering experience.
Experience gained within Industry for a fast moving business is key, experience of working within manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
The business is about to embark on a period of change which includes working culture, but also major improvement to process, controls and systems, therefore a positive forward thinking attitude is key.
In return, this position promises to be both varied and challenging, with scope for long term development in both the UK and Internationally.
A basic salary from £30,000 – £40,000 (DOE), coupled with Bonus, Study Support Package, Private Medical, Life Assurance and 25 Days Holiday, with scope to buy more can be offered.