My client is a well-regarded e-commerce business, ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire borders.
Due to expansion, FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join the team.
Reporting into the Finance Director, with responsibility to report and analyse the trading and financial performance of the business.
The role will be responsible for the analysis and insight of sales, gross margin and marketing, understanding the drivers of performance using KPIs and analytical tools.
The Finance Business Partner is responsible for the development and management of the business forecasting and planning tools, and will deliver finance support to the key management roles, providing decision support and analytics to help drive step change improvements.
The ideal candidates will have a strong analytical mindset with advanced Excel (pivots, advanced calculations and modelling skills).
You will have proven stakeholder management experience, be confident to challenge where needed and be comfortable presenting financial information to non-finance individuals.
With the ability to drive decision making through analytical methods, you will present information in a clear and concise manner.
We are looking for colleagues who share our passion for innovation, who can help us to shape the future and meet the constantly changing needs of our customers.
• Provide daily and weekly performance review, and monthly reporting and analysis to the business
• Monthly performance reporting and analysis for management and board reporting
• Weekly / Monthly analysis of margin performance, and will deliver and control the process of commercial changes within the business by working in conjunction with commercial teams
• Ad hoc analysis to support business growth and investment decisions across the business
• Design and deliver high quality reports, utilising technology to do so, enable an efficient business communication and performance insight
• Management of the forecast and planning process, identifying improvements to the process and tools used through to implementation of these changes
• Working with the management team to deliver business forecasts that align with business strategy, and meet high level targets
• Reporting and identifying business KPIs, using KPIs to drive the business forecasting and planning process
• Support and implement process simplification and enhancements, to standardise and improve business information
Key Skills / Attributes:
• Ability to understand trading conditions and key business drivers
• Able to carry out detailed analysis to understand variance related to Price / Margin / Cost / Volume
• Will need to hold a relevant accounting qualification, ideally CIMA, ACCA or ACA, or be working towards a qualification in the final stages, with prior transferable experience
• Experience gained within Retail, FMCG, Building Materials sectors
• Must be proactive, can use initiative, self-starter
• Need to be engaging, with an ability to interact with business stakeholders, and present back to them
• IT literate – MS office – Word, Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, with strong data analysis skills
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make it happen