My client is a well-regarded Education Trust with over 7,000 students, ideally situated within the East Midlands.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Finance Business Partner.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the financial management and reporting of schools within one of the Trust’s Hubs, and will also play a key role in statutory reporting; working alongside the Financial Controller and CFO, you will lead a small team whilst delivering the below.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead on management of budgets for all schools within the Trust’s Hubs
• Prepare and produce monthly monitoring reports for key budget holders, with support from Finance Partners
• Prepare and produce other monthly reports, reconciliations and returns for the Financial Controller, including but not limited to cashflow, bank and payroll reconciliations
• Provide financial advice at a strategic level for Heads, Leadership Teams and Trust Directors, to make informed financial decisions
• Line manage team of Finance Partners, ensuring they work closely with allocated schools and their budget holders, to ensure financial information is provided and discussed on a timely and accurate basis
• Support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Financial Controller, with the completion of the annual accounts and prepare all related documentation for the academies within the Trust, as appropriate
• Ensure effective management and reporting of debtors and creditors within the relevant Hub
• Support delivery of actions from both external and internal audit plans
• Undertake bi-annual internal scrutiny reviews on behalf of the Trust’s Audit, Compliance and Risk Committee
• Work with the premises and IT teams to ensure an up-to-date fixed asset register is maintained, so that it ensures accurate financial reporting internally and externally
• Support the CFO to ensure the financial regulations applied within the Trust are current, fit for purpose and observed by all, ensuring that value for money is being obtained through transparent purchasing processes
• Work with the CFO to conduct financial due diligence on schools that could potentially join the Trust
• Produce relevant paperwork for Hub and Trust Board meetings
• Attend relevant finance and external meetings in absence of the CFO
• Ad hoc tasks and projects as requested by the CFO
The ideal candidate will be Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with a passion for an outward facing finance position, and experience partnering key stakeholders driving improvement.
Previous experience gained within an education trust is highly desirable, however Finance Business Partners from within Industry and Public Sector will be required.
Aside from the above, candidates will have experience of producing and presenting complex financial reports with written commentary and ideally, previous exposure to leading a small team of finance professionals.
In return, applicants will be joining the organisation at an exciting period of change and improvement, with the role offering excellent scope for professional development.
A basic salary of up to £60,000 coupled with excellent benefits and long term job security await.