My client is a leading manufacturing business within the construction / building materials industry and ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derbyshire boarders.
As part of their continued expansion and succession planning, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner for one of their flagship divisions.
This role offers hybrid working and will require occasional travel to over UK based sites.
– To manage the provision of accurate, timely and relevant production cost and margin analysis to business stakeholders and control the P&L and Balance sheets
– Provide accurate and timely monthly management accounts, budgets, and forecasts to a high level of accuracy.
– Ensuring strong financial management, control, and analysis/insight for the business which supports decision making and improves profitability, whilst constantly reviewing and challenging the analysis to identify risks and opportunities in current processes.
– Focus on driving improved performance and cost control through partnering with key stakeholders – Sales/Commercial and Operational teams.
• Production of monthly management accounts with precise analysis and insights, including variance analysis and KPI’s
• Responsibility for preparation of Forecasts & Budget for all elements of P&L and BS
• Pricing review & monitoring, incl. margin analysis
• Supporting the control of Capital spend including project appraisals
• Instigate and hold monthly/regular review meetings onsite with all stakeholders and budget holders to manage costs and advise on performance
• Monthly Balance sheet reconciliation preparation and review to identify and eliminate risk
• Supporting the annual statutory reporting process
• Provide assistance and good practice training to factories
• Implement financial controls across all departments/sites, and ensure adherence
• Respond to audit questions and requirements from Group and external auditors
• Coordinate data and returns for government (HMRC etc)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or working towards
• Negotiation and influencing
• Self-starter and ‘can do’ attitude
• Management of assignments within specified deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and Communication skills, verbal and written
• Challenging/questioning approach
• Teamwork / Problem Solving
• Presentation skills
• Forecasting & Planning / Analytical / Strong Excel
• Thorough understanding of business drivers and trading conditions
• Detailed understanding Price, Margin and Costs
• Inventory Management and product costing
• Financial systems and internal controls
• ERP systems, specifically JDE / Cognos reporting tool and analytics