My client is a well regarded manufacturer within FMCG, and ideally situated in North East Leicestershire.
Due to continued growth and strong trade during the COVID 19 period, FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Management Accountant to join the business.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the focus of this position is to analyse and present key financial and operational data, in an accurate and timely manner, to assist senior management in making critical business decisions to ensure business growth and long-term success.
Key responsibilities are:
• Business partnering with the operations team, to obtain operational awareness and to influence business decisions
• Analysing operational performance, identifying areas for improvement, and driving action to improve operational efficiencies (key focus on material waste control and labour efficiency)
• Responsible for reporting the weekly results, including commentary to the senior leadership team in a timely manner
• Presenting the weekly results to the senior management team
• Reconciling material costs at month end, identifying and reporting on key variances in detail
• Establishing operational standards using both historic actual data and time and motion study
• Supporting the Head of Finance with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Working with Group Procurement to ensure accurate raw material price variance and inflation forecasts
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with prior experience gained within a fast paced FMCG / manufacturing business.
You will be competent in producing accurate financial reports whilst meeting strict deadlines, and have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
This role is very much outward facing to the business, therefore the ability to manage, maintain and build effective business partner / stakeholder relationships is required.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary, excellent benefits and great long term career prospects, not just internally but in the wider group await.