My client is a well regarded privately owned SME business operating within the logistics and warehousing industry, near to Jct. 22 of M1 and M42, therefore easily accessible from across the Midlands.
As part of their continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to deliver the recruitment of a Finance Controller to join the business.
This position is a highly pivotal role for the business, as it will operate as the Finance Lead for the business.
Working closely with the MD, you will be responsible for all aspects of day to day accounting, but also improve MI / KPI / Analysis to identify areas of improvement or growth for the business.
* Timely production of monthly management accounts with analysis and commentary to MD
* Assist in the creation of the annual budget and review performance vs Actual
* Completion of Stat returns to include VAT
* Maintain tight control on balance sheet and cash flow, including forecasts
* Monitor company bank accounts, ensuring smooth cash flow
* Management of Purchase, Sales, General Ledgers
* Timely payment of suppliers and expenses, management of debtors
* Management of weekly, monthly payroll (PAYE)
* Play a lead role in driving improvement to controls, processes and systems
The ideal candidate will be working towards qualification if not already qualified, however those that are QBE with suitable experience will be considered.
A hands on approach is essential to this role as candidates will be responsible for the completing of timely processing of invoices and or the reconciliation of a bank account, just as they will be assisting the MD with the creation of annual budget and financial planning for the business.
A good level of IT literacy is key, with knowledge of MS Excel being essential (Pivots / Look Ups), and Sage being a major advantage.
In return, my client can offer a highly challenging opportunity, with great scope to work towards a Finance Director position as the company continues to grow.
A starting salary based on experience of between £30,000 and £40,000, coupled with excellent benefits and great working environment await.