My client is a specialist division and forms part of a £25b Turnover Group of Companies ideally situated in South Birmingham, and therefore is easily commutable from across the West Midlands.
Due to continued expansion, they have engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of a Data Analyst to join the business.
This is not a conventional finance position, and could therefore be suited to an analytical biased accountant that wants to take a sideways step.
This is a high profile and highly progressive position, and could ideally suit a candidate that has interest in Property or Investments.
A. Working with the Director of Asset Management, Head of Planning and Commissioning and Stakeholders; continually review the company’s unique property and land portfolio for alignment and effective delivery of objectives within the 2020 Corporate Plan.
B. To be responsible for company’s Investment database and provide data analysis for the control, monitoring and forecasting of the business long term asset investment and delivery programmes, over the next 5,10 and 30 years.
C. Working with the Director of Asset Management, Head of P&C and stakeholders within the business, to assist in the preparation of property development and investment proposals.
D. Working with the Head of P&C, ensure Building Safety Compliance data is maintained, updated and monitored to the highest levels of accuracy and governance.
E. Working with the Head of P&C and stakeholders to provide performance data and proactive analysis, to ensure value for money and the delivery of the highest quality services to customers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working within Planning and Commissioning Team:
– To maintain and implement component replacement programmes, driven by the effective use of component life cycle and planning techniques.
– To manage the delivery of targeted stock conditions surveys, required to maintain accurate property and land data.
– To manage the delivery of targeted budgets and investments, required to maintain accurate property and land data.
– Maintain an up to date knowledge of any new legislation relating to buildings or Eco specifications, to uphold accurate and relevant stock condition data.
– Present data information and analysis findings to senior management, executive boards, committees and trustees.
– To co-ordinate the flow of data between systems and reconcile between multiple legacy sources.
– Support the collation of cost data for component accounting.
– Maintain and update schedule of rates with the appropriate annual uplift adjustments.
– Develop a methodology and process for capturing all Asset Class data from all available sources across the business.
– To ensure that the company complies with its statutory obligations relating to the Regulatory Statistical Returns.
– Support the development of investment plans for all stock to programme budget and within time.
– Assist with the generation of strategic stock options appraisals, to maximise commercial outcomes.
– To ensure robust monitoring and delivery of data associated with Building Safety Compliance.
– Undertake regular 121’s and annual appraisal, in line with company’s performance management framework.
– Undertake regular training reviews of staff to ensure the continued professional development of staff, colleagues and stakeholders.
KPI’s / Reports:
To assist the Head of Planning and Commissioning to produce KPI’s, statistical and financial reports and statutory returns as required, to provide information to relevant committees and trustees.
Formulate reports and dashboards to assist in monitoring of planned programmed, option appraisals and portfolio disposal.
Ensure that all regulatory reports are available when required, including:
– Percentages of Decent Homes criteria
– Average SAP
– Building Safety Compliance
The ideal candidate will come from an Analytical background (finance and accounting or otherwise), with a passion for delving into the data and provide meaningful commentary.
A strong background within data modelling is required, therefore advanced experience of MS Excel to include Macros, Pivots etc., to include both maintenance and creation of spreadsheets is essential.
This position is a high-profile role internally and will provide senior leadership with option appraisals on both investments and disposals, creating KPI’s and process mapping, working towards the company’s strategic plan.
This position promises to be highly progressive and offers great exposure for candidates to develop into the world of property.
A basic salary of up to £40,000 coupled with excellent benefits await.