My client is a well regarded, owner managed £25m Turnover business within the Manufacturing Sector, ideally situated within North Leicestershire (LE4) and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a full time, permanent vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the business in a lead finance capacity.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a key role in the business, challenging and driving strategic objective whilst also taking financial stewardship of the business.
• Production of monthly management accounts for UK business
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Rolling 12 month forecast for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Quarterly VAT returns, EC Sales, Intrastat, P11D, ONS submissions
• Overseeing and managing sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and banking administration – Making electronic payments according to business requirements
• Managing a finance and admin team, including developing, mentoring, support and appraisal
• Direct point of contact with external professional bodies – Auditors, HMRC and debt recovery specialists
• Arranging and negotiating hire purchase agreements for capital expenditure and energy contracts
• Maintaining and developing internal controls / business processes (including systems)
• Project profitability analysis
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (QBE also considered), ideally with previous experience gained within a similar No 1 or No 2 Position for a SME or division business.
Previous experience gained working around manufacturing, engineering is preferred.
In return, this position promises to be both varied and challenging with great scope to impact the continued growth of the business.
A competitive basic salary of up to £50,000 coupled with excellent benefits and Bonus await.