My client is a leading privately owned business within the motor retail sector (non franchise), with a 50 year history of selling prestige cars within the UK market. With a turnover in excess of £100m and stock level in excess of 500 cars based from their impressive show room in the Home Counties (East), and easily commutable due to the close proximity to major road networks.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Finance Director to join the business on either an Interim to Permanent or Permanent basis.
Working closely with the Managing Director, this is very much a hands-on Finance Director position, taking the leadership of a small finance function whilst also delivering the below:
• Prepare statutory accounts and submit to auditors
• Complete the audit
• Ensure the timely production of management accounts and improve commercial outputs and analysis
• Support the directors with key strategic decisions
• Manage the day to day finance function and activities, including HMRC and FCA
• Resolve significant legacy issues, including a challenging system change
• Improve the knowledge and cross train the accounts and admin function to make a best in class department
The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance lead with prior recent Motor retail experience, and be comfortable adopting a hands-on approach to the production of accounting information.
Ideally, candidates will be qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with strong PQE within the industry, however those that are QBE but have strong demonstrated experience will be considered.
Prior experience gained in a business focused more around used vehicle sales is ideal, but not essential.
Whilst this finance department is in a good place, the ideal candidate will be an individual that has the willingness and desire to drive improvement.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £90,000 coupled with great benefits and working environment await.