My client is a divisional business of a leading PLC within Retail, Sales, Distribution and Manufacturing, with a group revenue in excess of £2b and EBITDA of £250m.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Finance Director to work from their office in Oxfordshire.
Reporting directly to the Business Managing Director, the Finance Director
will provide strategic financial guidance to the MD to formulate the road
map to support the division, to ensure that the Business”s financial performance is met.
You will also develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure
the sound financial management and control of the business.
* Work closely with the Business MD, provide financial leadership to optimise the business”s financial performance
* Understand and mitigate the key elements of the company”s risk profile
*Manage, develop and coach finance team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed
* Manage and develop the Central Finance / Head Office Team relationships, as well as identified other finance related Head Office functions
* Develop and control annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts,
to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations
* Provide financial and commercial advice and guidance to the MD and SLT, to enable them to achieve their objectives
* Oversee the preparation of management accounts, to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time
* Provide financial advice and input to supplier / customer, and any other commercial arrangements as appropriate
* Produce, present and control the annual operating, capital expenditure and working capital budget, and quarterly forecasts
* Work with Group Audit to create and maintain a framework of strong, robust financial controls to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and Qualified Finance Director, with extensive operational board level management accountancy experience, in a reputable company known for the quality of the finance management.
– Strong project management experience, capable of leading innovative and
far-reaching business improvement projects
– Excellent IT skills, highly analytical with attention to detail
– Financial / Commercial experience of negotiating with large contractors and suppliers
– Significant leadership experience in a senior team
– Commercially astute with strong communication skills
– Management of multiple P&L and consolidation of accounts
In return, a highly competitive basic salary coupled with an excellent benefits package, and scope to truly impact the continued growth of the division can be offered.