My client is a well established international business within the Manufacturing / Engineering Industry, ideally situated within Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable from across the Midlands using the M1 / M69.
Due to the reduction in hours of the existing Chairman, FRS have been engaged to assist in the appointment of an experienced Finance Director that can join the business on a permanent, but part time basis.
Working closely with both the MD and Chairman, this is a key position providing financial and strategic direction for the business.
• Creation of strategic plan and setting of objectives, and driving continuous improvement and exit planning
• Preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Bank relations and negotiation
• Stakeholder relationships and presentations
• Financial consolidations and statutory accounts preparation
• Management of Group IT and Group HR functions
• Property / Insurance management and legal, and company secretarial duties
• Cash flow forecasting, cash control and treasury management
• Lead, mentor and develop existing finance team – Finance Manager and Clerks
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and formally qualified Finance Director, with prior experience of working within Engineering / Manufacturing Industries.
This position could be the sole focus for a candidate or perhaps done in coordination with other positions, if operating as a Portfolio FD.
This position is largely new, as the existing chairman has historically held the lead finance position which he is now longing to relinquish control, given the reduction in hours.
A full time basic wage of £70,000, Pro Rata to number of days can be offered.