My client is a rapidly growing manufacturing business within Food.
As part of their continued expansion, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of a Finance Director to join the business.
This is a new position and the successful candidate will help drive their future success, operating from their newly created site.
This role will have a broad remit and will be responsible for delivering accurate and high-quality performance reporting, collaborating with senior internal and external stakeholders to deliver insight, shape performance and support decision making.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company’s financial commitments are met.
This is a full time, permanent position and will be based from the New Site between Grantham and Boston in Lincolnshire.
· You will take responsibility for ensuring that all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation, to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations.
· You will lead the process for budgets, forecasts to support business strategy and targets.
· Deliver support to the board to include financial insight, models, advice and investor briefings.
· You will work with and supervise the finance team and other staff in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, cashflow, invoicing, payroll etc., ensuring that the team are motivated and developed.
· You will ensure the preparation of the company’s financial accounts, and will ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
· You will review all management accounts packs before they are circulated.
· You will handle VAT, PAYE and other tax duties, including corporation tax.
· You will liaise with auditors and prepare audit packs as required.
· Create and maintain relationships with service providers, company bankers and accountants. You will monitor these providers to ensure that they are effective, efficient and provide best value to the company.
· Update and implement financial policies, procedures and create policy manual for the finance department.
· Regular ad hoc project activity, including involvement with investors and fundraise activities, M&A activity, banking covenants and modelling for the board. To include providing information and feedback to the professional advisors for the Shareholders.
· You will have a collaborative approach, working with all the other internal departments and team members to realise the vision and plans for the company.
Qualifications / Experience / Attributes:
· You will ideally have experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, and knowledge of the industry.
· You will have a deep understanding and experience of ERP systems (Experience with SAP B1 would be desirable).
· Extensive senior level accountancy experience, degree (or equivalent) educated, with an understanding of tax.
· You will have excellent mathematical skills and significant management experience.
· You will have a positive, solution-orientated approach.
· You will have a dynamic, agile and quick-thinking mindset with excellent communication skills.
· You will act with integrity and honesty.
· You will have the ability to think ahead, to help the management team to shape performance and identify potential challenges.
· Experience with investor relations will be beneficial.
· Critical, is your enthusiasm, superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Finally, as a start-up business, you should have the ability to think differently, work at pace and be prepared to flex your skills from the big picture to the willingness to roll your sleeves up and get on with it.
In return, my client can offer a highly challenging and highly autonomous role, with a great opportunity to really impact the company’s continued growth.
A highly competitive basic salary coupled with Bonus and benefits package awaits.