My client is a high growth business within the Healthcare industry / Care Home Industry, with ambitious expansion plans achieved by both organic growth and acquisitions.
Due to the above, FRS have been enlisted to assist in the recruitment of an experienced and qualified leader to join the business as Finance Director.
The Finance Director will join the senior leadership team and Board, taking full ownership of their finance functions, working from home and the business UK Head Office based in Hertfordshire.
Whilst the business have already delivered some great success, they are a relatively new business, so the successful candidate will have a rare opportunity to shape the business at both operational and strategic levels.
High level responsibilities:
• To ensure that accurate monthly management and year end accounts are prepared for all Group companies on a timely basis.
• To manage the cash resources of the Group through weekly cash flow forecasts.
• Preparing quarterly profit forecasts and annual budgets / business plans.
• Ensure payroll controls are effective, and all payroll costs are managed to weekly targets by Care Home managers.
• Produce essential weekly MI to manage the staff costs of the business.
• Understand and maintain pricing models for all sites and service offerings.
• Support the Sales and Marketing Director on pricing for new service users.
• Ensure financial controls on purchases and expenses are effective.
• Ensure all tax returns (VAT, RTI, etc.) are accurate and submitted on time.
• Lead on the improvement of financial and IT systems to reduce work, and increase effectiveness across the group.
• Provide financial input to the Boards and assist in the development of strategic plans.
• Play a lead role in M&A Activity and due diligence of additional homes and subsequent integration into the group.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) plus PQE.
Prior experience gained working within a healthcare / care home business is desirable but not essential, as long as candidates have demonstrated experience operating in a finance leadership position.
My client is a high growth and fast paced business, a hands-on mentality may be needed in the initial instance, but with the willingness to recruit your own team and delegate tasks as required.
The ability to think and operate strategically, and prepare a business for further growth and drive for continual improvement is needed.
This is a board level position, excellent communication skills with the ability to delve into the detail and also convey financial information simply and at a high level is key.
My client can offer:
• Competitive remuneration package with a lot of scope to grow as the business grows
• A highly entrepreneurial and dynamic working environment
• The opportunity to shape and guide a rapidly expanding business
• Flexible, work sharing time between Hertfordshire Head Office and Home