My client is a rapidly expanding and highly dynamic international business within the software industry, ideally situated in Leicestershire near to Jct. 21 of the M1 / M69, therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
Due to continued expansion and future planning for external investment within the next 3 years to aid additional growth, FRS have been enlisted on an exclusive basis to assist with the appointment of a Finance Director to join the business.
This is a fast paced and varied position working closely with the CFO and wider SLT, taking ownership for both the management of and development of a high functioning finance team, taking a key role in continuous improvement projects and automation whilst also playing a key role in the Financial Planning and Analysis.
– Lead, guide, mentor and develop a high functioning finance team of finance professionals, with one direct report (qualified accountant) and 4 indirect reports (analyst / AP / AR / Payroll)
– Responsible for preparation of short and long-term cash forecasts to support business decisions
– Ensure the timely delivery of management and financial accounting with agreed timescales
– In charge of creating the annual budget and presenting to the SLT and C Suite
– Collaborate with SLT for Financial Planning for 3/5 Yr strategic plan, plus assist with fundraising, investor relations M&A and DD with forthcoming investment process
– Business lead for all financial modelling and analysis
– Direct the leaders across the business in the use of the ERP system, cashflow and cost performance forecasts
– Monitoring and improvement of financial systems and controls across the business
– Creation of a new KPI dashboard / reporting suite to provide meaningful performance insights and shape the strategy for delivering savings against the ongoing company-wide cost challenge
– Challenging and advising key stakeholders around their monthly spend so to optimise performance
– Working with the relevant department heads to help compile full year monthly rolling forecasts
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with PQE in a role that combines both a commercial focus and general leadership across finance.
Excellent analytical skills (MS Excel to Pivots Levels etc.) are essential, as the company lead for financial modelling and analysis, knowledge of ERP Systems such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, Dynamics Nav.
A passion for driving change, improvement and cost reduction is key, with proven business partnering experience with key stakeholders both within and outside of finance being required.
In return, my client is offering a competitive basic salary of between £70,000 to £80,000 plus bonus, Car or Allowance and excellent benefits.
Long term career development can also be offered as part of the company’s international expansion.
This client does also offer hybrid flexible working on a 2 or 3 day split between home and office.