My client is a dynamic PE Backed business operating within the Ecommerce, Retail and Service industry.
Turnover is currently in the region of £15m and with ambitious growth and improvement plans laying ahead expansion to £20m is expected within the next 3 years.
As such, FRS have been engaged on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Director to join the business based in Warwickshire.
This position will work closely with the Managing Director (well known and respected within the industry) and External Investors assisting with driving the day to day performance and long term growth in the business, with specific responsibility for the management of the finance, technology and human resources operations of the business
Candidates will operate as the deputy to the managing director assisting with the below.
• Provide strong business partnering support to the MD and wider management team
o Lead development of the financial strategy, budgets and forecasts to assist in tracking progress and planning for growth
o Represent the business with external stakeholders including Suppliers, Customers, Lenders and Government agencies
o Provide challenge to the board on areas of efficiency and growth
o Monitor cashflow. Plan and proactively manage any funding requirements.
• Own the financial processes, procedures and controls to ensure safeguarding of company assets and accuracy of financial systems
o Prepare monthly management accounts with supporting commentary.
o Oversee and help run Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
o Prepare and file VAT and other tax returns
o Prepare and file statutory accounts, acting as main point of contact for auditors
• Lead the relationship with financial stakeholders
o Maintain relationship with existing lenders
o Explore and recommend alternate sources of finance, implement as appropriate
o Produce monthly / quarterly reporting to financial stakeholders
• Reinforce the business systems, controls and processes
o Create effective model of stock monitoring and project reporting
o Act as company secretary (in conjunction with external advisors), managing Board agenda and filings with Company House
o Review and oversee CIS returns
• Oversee Human Resources
o Implement appropriate systems and controls, creating a performance improvement culture
o Liaise with external payroll provider to complete monthly pay cycle
o Undertake relevant reporting to HMRC and other stakeholders
• Technology Environment
o Oversee the IT environment, helping MD driving data led and automated culture
Recommend and lead implementation of any system changes and related implementations/integrations (inc finance and HR system)
Whilst key and senior position, this company have a relatively small finance department of 4 staff and as such the post holder will need to retain a level of hands on responsibility and ideally have previous experience gained in either a SME or divisional business.
The ideal candidate will be
– Strategically minded qualified Accountant (5 Years PQE)
– Ability to cover a wide breadth of financial capabilities across Financial & Management Accountant and FP&A
– High level of commercial awareness with a passion for analysis and driving improvement
– Previous experience operating in a Finance Leadership position (ideally no 1 position)
– Can do attitude, pragmatic and comfortable working in a hands-on culture which is fast moving but often ambiguous
– Effective presentation & communication skills, both written and verbal and comfortable operating at board level
– Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power point
– Good working knowledge of accounting systems – currently use Sage but scope to upgrade to a new system, possibly Dynamics
In return my client is able to offer a highly exciting and autonomous role with excellent scope for value add and play a key role in a number of improvement projects across finance and the wider business.
A competitive basic salary of £70,000 to £90,000 DOE coupled with excellent benefits and performance related bonus can be offered. (Some benefits include BUPA, Life Cover and critical illness)