FRS have been engaged on a retained basis to assist with the delivery of the recruitment of a Finance Director for one of our key Midlands based clients sharing time between Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and London.
• A high growth manufacturing business providing specialist products and services to diverse International clients with businesses based in the UK, USA, China and Mexico.
• My client is in the process of positioning to take the business forward for PE Investment or Trade Sale, to drive the next phase in its history and further expansion.
• It is anticipated that the FD role will play a prominent part in preparing the Company for this process as part of the Management team, and be a key individual in the post deal organisation.
The company is seeking to appoint a FD who can support the management team, preparing for and through the process of the anticipated transaction, and continue to drive the business providing Financial Stewardship post investment.
Investment Preparation / Deal Activities:
1. Help to prepare the business financial processes and systems to be coherent and well-structured, to present to a range of potential investors (both trade and equity based), giving insight and a clear view of the present and forecasted financial performance of the business.
2. To prepare and take part as a member of the senior team to present the business and its financial performance to the investor(s). The FD will liaise with the retained M&A advisory partner in producing the information and data as required during the transaction process.
3. Support the due diligence process for the proposed transaction, including all the usual work streams required by a Trade or Private Equity investor (financial, commercial, IT, insurance, HR etc.).
4. Provide the management team with support in the finalisation of a five-year business plan, including an integrated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow model.
5. Overlay the proposed transaction funding and deal structure, including equity and structured debt to the integrated model and run sensitivity analysis to support the negotiation and terms discussed.
6. Alongside management and the Investor, develop a template for future monthly management accounting and Board reporting, focussing on KPI’s and the presentation of sales orders and pipeline data to support and manage the rapid growth of the business.
BAU FD Activities:
1. Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company”s commercial and financial goals / commitments are met.
2. Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the group, and individual company businesses.
3. Providing insightful management information to the Chief Executive and the Board to support decision making.
4. Embed robust finance processes and controls to give management budgetary responsibility and cashflow visibility.
5. To create and develop meaningful KPIs that can be tracked monthly, quarterly and annually.
6. To ensure the business is exit ready and have information and reporting that will stand up to investor scrutiny or due diligence.
• Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business, including the integration of existing management information systems.
• Identification, acquisition and implementation of new systems and software where required, to provide critical financial and operational information.
• Own and manage all financial processes, including monthly management accounting, year-end statutory accounting / auditing and annual budgeting, planning and forecasting, utilising / further developing the company’s fully integrated financial model to support future strategic decisions.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for presentation to the Board, PE Investor or Parent Company and Senior Debt provider as is appropriate.
• Oversee the month-end closing activities including sales, purchasing, stock and manufacturing accounting, general ledger accounts and standard monthly reconciliations.
• Review monthly financial results and provide detailed analysis and recommendations to the Board.
• Responsibility for cash flow planning and cash management, including FX and banking covenants.
• Management and development of the Finance support team, automating processes and increasing work efficiency where possible.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all tax returns.
• Work with all departments to ensure appropriate legal, HR and insurance compliance.
• You will be a qualified accountant with experience of working within a growing SME, that has either raised external funding or been investor (VC or PE) backed.
• The ideal candidate will have Financial Controller / Finance Director Experience, in a multi-site manufacturing company.
• You will be taking control of the finance function with key responsibilities, including cash flow management, creation and maintenance of the company’s fully integrated financial model to support future strategic decisions; developing, maintaining and re-enforcing control policies and producing detailed trading analyses.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence.