My client is a well regarded regional business within the house building sector, ideally situated and easily commutable from across Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the team as Financial Controller / Finance Director Designate.
Working closely with the Finance Director, this is a key role to the business and will contribute to the overall success of the business, through supporting the Finance Director in the effective management of the Finance team.
* Support the Finance Director in ensuring that the Finance team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
* Provide cover to the Finance Director in their absence, ensuring efficient and smooth running of the department.
* Assist the Finance Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Finance department.
* Produce forecasts, understanding the risks and opportunities within them, and be able to communicate the issues effectively to peers across all departments.
* Ensure the team deliver a robust set of management accounts in accordance with the finance timetable.
* Challenge valuations and understand their impact upon the forecasts.
* Ensuring land reporting is accurate and updated frequently, in line with contractual obligations.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
* A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post-qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role, ideally within the house-building sector.
* A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
* Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
* Experience of managing budgets / cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets.
* Able and willing to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business.
* Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential.
* Identify control weakness and be able to put in place appropriate mitigating procedures.