My client is a well regarded family owned £40m manufacturing business, with a rich history of local trade (over 100 yrs) and ideally situated in North Leicestershire, easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of their long serving Finance Director (18 yrs), they have now engaged FRS on a retained basis to deliver the recruitment of a suitable long term successor.
Responsible for maintaining efficient finance operations, the successful candidate will be part of the organisation’s senior management team and reporting into the CEO and Board of the Group.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Management, coaching and development of a small Head Office finance and admin team of two
• Responsible for production of all monthly management accounts of 4 businesses and variance analysis, KPIs reporting, commentary for production of year end statutory accounts for 4 businesses and Group statutory
• Financial Statements ensuring that all internal and external frameworks and controls are adhered to
• Budgeting; preparation of annual budgets across the businesses, ensuring that budget commitments are properly authorised, and responsibility for budget management
• To lead and monitor all financial reporting systems and controls on an ongoing basis, and make improvements and develop where necessary
• Positively supporting the subsidiary businesses and in particular their Senior Management team by providing guidance, good service and support in terms of business ideas, commercial decisions, project work, Capex etc., and on all ad hoc relevant matters where applicable
• Work closely with the external audit, banking, taxation, legal and insurance providers and other professional advisors
• Management of the Group’s funds to ensure optimum cash balances as well as handling the Group”s foreign exchange and Treasury requirements, in accordance with Group policy
• Responsibility for production of statutory returns including PAYE, HMRC VAT return, and liaise with Professional Advisors on all tax affairs
• Oversee, manage and approve month end purchase ledger and sales ledger / debt collection activity
• Oversee and approve the monthly payrolls prepared by Payroll for payment
Ensure and review employee expenses / credit card statements, ready for submission for payments
• Work with the wider HR team to ensure all HMRC and Tax communications are processed, and dealt with in a timely manner
• Provide good senior management and leadership across both Head Office and regional manufacturing sites, and attend board meetings
• The business are looking to embark on a period of improvement across the business, and have recently delivered a migration to Sage 200
• Streamline and improve processes / controls / systems
• Understand and improvement on BI / KPI to improve on efficiency
• Ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will be formally Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with PQE, and ideally have previous experience gained within Manufacturing (BOM”s and costings).
Previous experience gained operating at a Finance Director level is preferred, however my client has suggested that they would also be open to considering candidates that are seeking their 1st step up, as this position will remain very much hands-on.
Experience gained within an international business and exposure to multi-currency / treasury is desirable.
Whilst this position is predominantly a head office based position, some travel to the three additional manufacturing facilities based around the UK will be required.
In return, my client is able to offer an exciting and varied position for a business that is prospering during these unusual economic (COVID 19) times.
A competitive basic salary of £55,000 – £70,000, plus Car and benefits await.