My client is a well-established privately owned family business, ideally situated in North Leicestershire and therefore easily accessible from across the Midlands.
Due to forthcoming retirement, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a Finance Director (Designate).
This is a newly created position due to succession planning for a forthcoming retirement, with the purpose of supporting the Finance Director and Board through the knowledge and understanding of group financial processes – assist the Financial Director, guide and shape the business financial activities of projects, cash flow, financial planning, whilst ensuring risks are reduced.
• Managing financial control, risk and group reporting of the Group finances.
• With the Board of Directors, develop a financial strategy for the budgeting and forecasting of the different areas of the business.
• Be responsible for the review and preparation of management account, to support the business finance reports for the monthly Board meetings.
• Monitor the business financial plans to maintain alignment with annual financial planning and highlight any potential risk areas.
• Assist the Finance Director with maintaining financial compliance.
• Gain knowledge and understand the business cash flow management.
• Engage with key stakeholders and decision makers across all the business group.
• Proactively share ideas and implement approved cost saving / efficiency initiatives across the business.
• With the Finance Director, work on continuous development to progress to Board Director level.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with PQE and, ideally previous experience gained within Manufacturing / FMCG.
This position is ideally suited to a commercially focused candidate that wishes to plan a key role, and partners the board of directors of the strategic planning for the business.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal are essential to this position, as is the ability to be flexible to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
This is an ideal progressive step for a candidate that has previously operated in a supervisor / managerial level as Finance Manager / Financial Controller, and is seeking that first step into their No 1 FD Position.
In return, a highly challenging and progressive role coupled with excellent benefits, and a basic salary of £50,000 – £75,000 awaits.