My client is a privately owned £20m turnover SME Manufacturing business supplying into the Automotive Industry amongst others, with names such as VW, JLR, Mercedes GM, Ford, BMW, Porsche and Aston Martin as Customers.
Due to the exit of a long term member of staff, FRS have been enlisted to assist in the recruitment of a Finance Director to join their business based in South West Birmingham, close to the main motorway network (M5 and M42).
Reporting into the CEO, this is a key position and will operate as No 1 in Finance, but also form part of the SLT assisting with strategic planning for the business.
• Responsible for all aspects of Finance, and the Finance Team, reporting to the Managing Director.
• Preparation of financial statements and accounts, including month end and year end reports, balance sheet reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, cash flow forecasts, debtors and creditors analysis, which are presented to the Senior Management Team, Shareholders and Auditors.
• Contributing to the Management Team”s decision-making processes, by recording, analysing and providing clear financial information.
• Management of sales, purchase and nominal Ledgers, payroll, pensions, fixed assets, forecasting, treasury, foreign exchange, financing and raising capital.
• Preparation of all HMRC returns, including VAT, Intrastats, and EC Sales and ONS Reports.
• Co-ordination and Management of Year End Financial Audit, and other periodic audits from various stakeholders.
• Liaising with internal functions and external auditors during the audit to gather, collate and present all information required.
• Collating annual budgets and supporting information, enabling monthly and annual variances and revised forecasts based on actual performance.
• Use of existing Sage Systems and assist with migration to SAP.
• Ad hoc duties and improvement projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with PQE, ideally gained within manufacturing, with prior experience within Automotive Manufacturing being a major advantage.
Experience operating at No 1 / FD Level is not essential, those seeking a step into their first Directorship position will be considered.
Previous experience of operating on SAP is desirable, as a key improvement project pending for 2021 is to lead on an ERP Migration.
In return, a highly challenging position is being offered with great scope to truly impact the business.
A basic salary of up to £90,000 plus Benefits and Bonus can be offered.