My client is a leading, privately owned business within the machinery manufacturing industry, supplying businesses across the food, pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
Situated within Leicestershire near to Jct. 21 / 21a, therefore easily accessible from across the East Midlands.
Due to an exciting strategic plan, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of an experienced Finance Director on a Part Time / Portfolio basis.
The successful candidate will be joining the business on a 3 day working week and will play a key role in the establishing of processes and controls, whilst also improving insight on business performance and working with the existing MD to deliver a MBO.
The position will initially be very hands-on, however the expectation is for the Finance Director to recruit their own Bookkeeper and build a finance team within 3 months of being within the business.
– Partner the managing director and operations manager in the day to day running of a fast paced and dynamic business
– Creation of a strategic business plan, setting business objectives and drive improvement in systems, processes and controls
– Timely production of company management accounts, to include budgeting, forecasting and analysis of variances
– Month end and year end procedures, Co-ordinate and prepare Capex and HR budgets
– Review and improve Product / Project Costings for new and existing projects, inventory control and valuations
– Drive improvement to commercial insight by creating MI / KPI, and provide analysis and commentary to Managing Director
– Timely completion of financial accounts and submission of VAT Returns, EC Sales
– Liaison and management of relationships with Banks, Insurances, Auditors
– Management of company bank accounts, ensuring smooth company cash flow
– All aspects of debtors and creditor management
– Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
– Ad hoc duties, as required working within a dynamic SME Manufacturing business
– Daily use of Sage Line 50 along with MS Excel and bespoke internal systems
The managing director is looking at the future planning of the business, with anticipated MBO planned for 2021.
Applicants should be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with previous experienced gained within a No 1 Position for a SME business; previous experience gained within Manufacturing is required as candidates will need to demonstrate a strong understanding around project costing.
A hands-on approach is essential to this position, whilst a new dept is being established which will also give the incoming candidate a good chance to review processes, controls and systems before implementing a change program.
The business are looking to deliver a MBO within 2021, as such candidates with previous experience of delivering such activity, raising of finance from Banks / working with PE / VC backers would be at a major advantage.
The successful candidate will be joining the business at an exciting time, and will have scope to really impact the business and its future growth.
Whilst this position is starting on a part time basis, with planned expansion of the business, scope to increase this to a full time position can be offered.
Equally this may also suit a candidate wishing for a good work life balance, or worked in coordination with another position.
A basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000 for a 3 day working week (FTE of up to £65,000), coupled with benefits and bonus earning potential based around company success can be offered.