My client is a leading, privately owned business within the food manufacturing industry situated in Mansfield, currently experiencing strong growth.
Due to an exciting strategic plan, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of an experienced Finance Director on a Part Time / Portfolio basis.
The successful candidate will be joining the business on a 3 day working week and will play a key role in the establishing of processes and controls, whilst also improving insight on business performance.
Whilst operating with a high level of influence on the business, this candidate will need to be hands-on.
– Partner the managing director and operations manager in the day to day running of a fast paced and dynamic business
– Creation of a strategic business plan, setting business objectives and drive improvement in systems, processes and controls
– Timely production of company management accounts, to include budgeting, forecasting and analysis of variances
– Month end and year end procedures, Co-ordinate and prepare Capex and HR budgets
– Review and improve Product / Project Costings for new and existing projects, inventory control and valuations
– Drive improvement to commercial insight by creating MI / KPI, and provide analysis and commentary to Managing Director
– Timely completion of financial accounts and submission of VAT Returns, EC Sales
– Liaison and management of relationships with Banks, Insurances, Auditors
– Management of company bank accounts, ensuring smooth company cash flow
– All aspects of debtors and creditor management
– Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
– Ad hoc duties, as required working within a dynamic SME Manufacturing business
– Daily use of Sage Line 50 along with MS Excel and bespoke internal systems
Applicants should be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with previous experienced gained within a No 1 Position for a SME business; previous experience gained within Manufacturing is required as candidates will need to demonstrate a strong understanding around costing.
A hands-on approach is essential to this position, whilst a new dept is being established which will also give the incoming candidate a good chance to review processes, controls and systems before implementing a change program.
The successful candidate will be joining the business at an exciting time, and will have scope to really impact the business and its future growth.
Whilst this position is starting on a part time basis, with planned expansion of the business, scope to increase this to a full time position can be offered.
Equally this may also suit a candidate wishing for a good work life balance, or worked in coordination with another position.
A basic salary of £60,000 for a 3 day working week, coupled with benefits and bonus earning potential based around company success can be offered.