My client is a global leader within the manufacturing industry, providing unique products and healthcare technology to the NHS.
They have an international presence employing over 3,000, with a European parent company and group turnover in excess of €800m.
Due to maternity as of March 2021, FRS have been engaged on an exclusive basis to deliver the recruitment of a Head of Finance for their Divisional UK business based in Coventry, easily accessible from across the East and West Midlands.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a wide-ranging role covering a variety of different areas of the business, as is typical in small organisations, so would suit a proactive, dynamic individual who would be willing to get involved in many areas of a small organisation.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts for parent company.
• Preparation of annual financial accounts, co-ordination of annual audit and filing.
• Accounting records maintenance, including general ledger management, journal posting and production of supporting schedules, balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsibility for all HMRC filing.
• Preparation of payroll information to submit to external payroll company.
• Managing 5 direct reports – Within a variety of roles within the business.
• Monitoring and maintaining company stock records, including reviews of pricing.
• Managing the SOP, POP processes within the business – Assisting the users with queries, problems and ensuring smooth operation of the background processes.
• Super user for the company ERP system.
• Ensuring the smooth running of the office, including facilities, telephones, IT etc.
• Also responsible for data protection and administration of internal HR files – Actual HR is provided externally.
• Assist with the transition and migration to new ERP Systems – Dynamics Nav Business Central.
My client is open minded about formal qualification, with more emphasis being put on relevant experience and cultural fit.
Prior experience gained working as a Company Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller is key, and ideally those that have previous experience leading a small finance team.
This is a number 1 Finance position with little support from group, therefore applicants need to be confident in their own abilities to deliver all finance tasks.
A good level of IT Literacy is key, and prior experience of having been part of or deliver systems migration / implementation would be ideal.
Being a division business, this client can offer the security of a corporate with the autonomy of a SME, therefore a hands on approach and willingness to roll up your sleeves is essential.
In return, this position can be offered on a Fixed Term Contract or Limited Company Day Rate, with completion bonus being paid on the delivery of the contract.