My client is a well-regarded international manufacturing business, ideally situated within North Coventry (CV6), and easily commutable from across both the East and West Midlands.
Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for a dynamic Finance Manager to join the team.
Reporting into the site Financial Controller, you will also have involvement with the US Parent company and assist with:
• To create a forecasting model in line with Value Stream methodology
• To work alongside the Business Analyst to formalize / deliver the forecasting process
• Produce monthly forecasts for the Value Stream Managers
• To monitor Value Stream overheads and review on a weekly basis for forecasting purposes
• Facilitate operational financial meetings to assist with the forecasting process
• To analyse value added KPI’s and to find ways of improving the KPI’s, with a developed forecast of the P&L with ‘what if’ scenarios
• Provide in depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast and prior year
• To evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions / opportunities, and advise accordingly to ensure forecasted financial performance is achieved
• To be responsible for the formalization and delivery of the budgeting process
• Gather / interpret data for development of a budget model
• To develop / assist Managers with their budgeting packs
• To analyse trend data and highlight areas of concern
• To consolidate budget packs for top level review
• Monitor monthly variances against budget and analyse / develop KPI’s
• Facilitate regular management meetings to review actual budget variances
• Product costing analysis to support future business decisions
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Variance analysis to budget and last year
• Identification of one off costs to Financial Controller and reporting to Value Stream Managers
• Value stream reporting and development of KPIs
• To perform the annual standard costing roll up and monitor actual costs against standard costs
• To undertake the responsibility for being a “Key User” in the SAP development, and SAP upgrade projects when they arise
• To develop knowledge in SAP to progress the financial and management reporting under the controlling areas within SAP, and to train other users within the finance community or elsewhere in the business
• To ensure SAP documentation is kept up to date
Sarbanes Oxley Reporting
• To undergo SOX walk-throughs and sense check procedural documentation of all areas requiring SOX, including periodic reviews
• Ensure that the Segregation of Duty Analyser is analysed on a periodic basis, and compensation controls and corrective actions are undertaken and requirements fulfilled
• To complete the SODA and SOX reviews on an annual basis, and upload the documentation to the relevant software on a timely basis
• To perform the IS critical transaction reviews, and ensure that corrective actions have been undertaken and that all compensating controls are enforced
• Pre-approve the cost base for the capital expenditure project
• Analyse existing capital expenditure projects
• Review pay back periods and internal rate of return on projects
• To play an active lead role in annual stock takes and weekly WIP checks
• To ensure that all areas of the finance team have procedural documentation on the main aspects of their roles, including process maps enforcing the critical accounting policy requirements
• Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with practical experience gained within a fast paced business, working across Management Accounts and Business Partnering.
Those that are QBE, Part Qualified or Past Finalist with relevant experience will also be considered.
Applicants will need to be forward thinking and progressive, as the nature of this appointment is to succession plan for future development of the existing Financial Controller.
In return, a competitive basic salary of up to £48,000 coupled with excellent benefits and bonus await.