My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding SME business within the manufacturing sector, ideally situated in the CV1 area of Coventry.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for an Accountant to join the business.
Reporting directly into the board, this position is a lead finance role for the business and will play a key role in the financial stewardship of the business, whilst also driving continuous improvement.
• Production of monthly management accounts for two legal entities
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Rolling 12 month forecast for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Quarterly VAT returns, P11D, ONS and CIS submissions
• Overseeing and managing sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and banking administration. Making electronic payments according to business requirements
• Managing a finance team of 6, including developing, mentoring, support and appraisal
• Direct point of contact with external professional bodies – Auditors, HMRC and debt recovery specialists
• Arranging and negotiating hire purchase agreements for capital expenditure and energy contracts
• Maintaining and developing internal controls / business processes (including systems)
• Project profitability analysis
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, however those still studying with QBE and relevant experience will be considered.
Previous Manufacturing experience is ideal, however this is not essential as long as candidates are able and willing to adapt to a fast moving business, and understand the importance of Stock and Cost Accounting.
In return, a competitive basic salary of up to £55,000, benefits and bonus awaits.