My client is a well regarded, private SME Business about to embark on a period of significant growth.
Due to the above, they now have an exciting vacancy for a dynamic Accountant to join the business, reporting directly into the Finance Director, and based at their site in Leamington Spa.
* Lead, guide, motivate and mentor a team of up to 6 finance staff, ensuring the timely completion of tasks within agreed timescales
* Completion of Monthly Management Accounts to include Budgeting, Forecasting, analysis of variances and provide commentary to FD / MD
* Review of trial balance and balance sheet reconciliations
* Accruals and prepayments, schedules and journals
* Fixed asset register, depreciation schedules and journals
* Monthly stock count and stock movement journals
* Finance lease schedules and journals
* Payroll journal
* Bank reconciliation, including RBS invoice discounting facility
* Organise and oversee year-end audit with external auditor
* Cash flow forecasting with regular reporting to MD
* Treasury management
* Submission of VAT returns and EC sales
* Other ad hoc duties to support management team and operations
The ideal candidate will be actively studying towards a professional qualification if not already qualified, and varied experience gained within a similar role, ideally working for a SME or Divisional Business.
Previous experience, or the desire to lead a small team of finance professionals is key.
Strong analytical skills and MS Excel ability is essential, experience of Dynamics Nav or Great Plains is desirable, but not essential.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary of up to £45,000 coupled with study support and excellent benefits await.