My client is a well regarded SME business, ideally situated within North Leicester (LE4), operating within the Food Manufacturing Sector.
Following a period of change, the business has now engaged FRS on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Accountant to join the team as Finance Manager, taking responsibility for all aspects of Finance and Administration for the business, whilst leading a small team.
– Completion of Monthly Management and Financial Accounting Activity
– Responsibility for preparation of the monthly management accounts
– Preparation of monthly sales and margin reports
– Preparing cash forecasts
– Preparing annual budgets and forecasts
– Analysing customer profitability
– Managing annual audits with company auditors
– Preparation of annual group reporting
– Maintaining the Fixed Assets register
– Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
– Preparing and submitting quarterly duty claims
– Submitting monthly EC sales list and monthly Intrastats
– Reconciliation and valuation of monthly stock movements
– Preparation and posting of journal entries
– Calculating and reconciling monthly prepayments and accruals
– Balance Sheet Reconciliations
– Oversee Transactional Finance Team ensuring the timely management of Purchase, Sales Ledgers and Payroll
– Assisting in preparing monthly payroll, PAYE and Pension
– Preparing and submitting P11Ds
– Supervision of the preparation and processing of sales invoices, and Credit Control and cash collection
– Customer credit checks and setting up accounts on Sage
– Supervision of the processing of purchase invoices
– Reconciling supplier statements
– Employee Expense checking and payment
– Managing the company’s insurance cover
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified or qualified accountant (AAT / CIMA / ACCA / ACA), with previous varied experience gained within a dynamic SME Manufacturing business being ideal (Food Experience highly desirable).
The appointed candidate will need to be self motivated and driven, with the confidence and ability to play a key role in the company’s continued expansion, as this is a lead finance role within the business.
Intermediate MS Excel to include Pivots, Look Ups etc. are essential, and knowledge of Sage Accounting would be a major advantage.
In return, a competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits, including study support for those still studying, good pension and flexible working hours can be offered.