My client is a well regarded Internationally listed Service business, with a group turnover in excess of £1.5b and 5 business units across both the UK and Ireland, and a further 350 units based across the world.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS on an exclusive basis to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Manager for the UK businesses.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this position will play a key role in the planning and execution of the department’s long-term vision, whilst providing support to the UK finance team and working closely with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Finance Director and ensuring all financial reporting requirements are completed timely and accurately – the role requires an individual who is able to understand the detail, whilst focusing on the end goal.
• Overall responsibility for accurate and timely reporting of the monthly management accounts.
• Deliver timely and accurate financial information to the Finance Director and Senior Management team.
• To prepare, develop and analyse management accounting information, providing analysis for variances against prior year and budget.
• Gather business information and create / design improved business reporting formats, that will enhance the business and assist with key business decisions.
• Ensuring day-to-day accounting controls are appropriate to minimise the risk of fraud, misreporting and uncontrolled spend.
• Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
• Drive performance improvement through providing relevant financial data to management teams, to influence decision making processes.
• Attend departmental finance meetings to discuss financial performance and agree corrective actions.
• Review and manage the balance sheet reconciliation process.
• Oversee cash flow management.
• Management of a team of two Management Accountants responsible for divisional business units.
• Support the Finance Director in delivering service excellence to the business, whilst managing and monitoring financial compliance and driving financial control improvements.
• Manage the business audit and taxation affairs.
• Prepare statutory accounts under FRS102, to agreed deadlines and manage the audit process.
• Deliver on HMRC reporting timelines (PSA, P11d’s).
• Lead the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process.
• Co-ordinate, compile and manage the business insurances.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Assist and manage the implementation of new financial systems and processes.
• To carry out various ad hoc tasks as required and participate in both local and global projects.
This is a commercially focused position, and the candidate needs to be able to demonstrate positive behaviour and contribute to the development of finance strategies and plans.
The ideal candidate will be Qualified (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) and ideally have PQE, preferably gained within a similar position coupled with good general knowledge of accounting practices and standards (IFRS and UKGAAP).
This is a managerial position and the ability and desire to lead, manage and mentor a finance team is key.
The business is about to embark on a period of change and business improvement, previous experience of project delivery and ensuring project objectives are achieved and staff remain engaged is desirable, but not essential.
In return, my client is able to offer a highly competitive salary of £52,000 coupled with excellent benefits.