My client, a well-established Financial Services company that has recently celebrated its 150th Anniversary of trade within the local area.
Following continued growth, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Finance Manager, based from their site in Hinckley.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Treasury, this role provides broad exposure to the department and the organisation as a whole.
Key Aspects of the Role:
Developing in regulatory reporting
• Be the organisation’s main point of reference with respect to regulatory reporting developments via discussions with senior management, reading relevant literature, attending seminars and training courses and then providing feedback to the Regulatory Reporting Committee. This will include development of new regulatory reporting submissions and the development of existing processes.
• Oversee the preparation, review and submission process of regulatory returns prepared by the Treasury and Regulatory Accounts Assistants, one of which reports to the Treasury Manager.
• Responsibility for the regulatory reporting system.
• This organisation has a strategic partnership in place with Whistlebrook. The partnership will see the organisation adopt numerous systems (some of which are already in use) and help in the development of new and existing products.
• The Regulatory Manager will have responsibility for the project completion to move from the Whistlebrook WIRES XL system to the WIRES Plus system – including liaising directly with Whistlebrook, Information Services and Senior Management. Involvement in other products as part of the overall agreement is expected within this role.
• Maintain and update the timetable of all regulatory reporting submissions to the Bank of England, PRA and FCA to ensure all reporting requirements are captured and met. This includes distribution of the timetable across the business.
Organisation and Attendance at Regulatory Reporting Committee Meetings
• The role includes contributing to this meeting, creating discussion topics caused by regulatory changes and requirements as well as action tracking, requiring a thorough understanding of the regulatory operations.
Attendance at Regulatory Tracker Committee Meetings
• The role includes contributing to this meeting, updating the committee on items allocated against the Finance team, or that have been discussed at the Regulatory Reporting Committee, requiring a thorough understanding of the regulatory operations.
Policies / Procedures
• Ensuring all regulatory processes, procedures and policies are maintained and developed to aid with the completion of tasks and training.
Statutory and Internal Audits
• Supporting in the annual statutory accounts process and contributing to various internal audits, which are required during each financial year.
Provide Cover for Dealing and Pool Administration
• Treasury dealing includes wholesale, TFS, ILTR and swap trades. The role holder will be part of the front office and able to execute such trades. The Bank of England schemes which require collateral (TFS / ILTR) introduce the need for pool administration, ensuring that collateral utilisation is tracked, sufficient balances are maintained and queries from the BoE dealt with. Both of the above items are to provide cover for the Treasury Manager who would typically complete these tasks.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA), with strong knowledge of the preparation of management and statutory accounts under FRS102 / IFRS.
Good communication skills are essential, since the role includes dealing with a number of stakeholders, including third party software suppliers, the PRA, the Bank of England as well as internal and external auditors.
Strong systems skills / project experience – the ability to exploit the capabilities of reporting systems, working with external providers and developing processes to enhance MI and reporting capabilities.
Experience of managing / working on projects is desirable, as the role holder will contribute to systems development as part of the strategic partnership with 3 Party Systems provider.
In return, a competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits and long term career development awaits.