My client is a SME owner managed business within the Logistics industry, ideally located in North West Leicestershire (near Jct. 22 of M1) and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Working closely with the Managing Director, this is a standalone finance position for the business, taking full responsibility for all aspects of accounting and assisting in the general running of a busy office.
* Day to Day Management of company Purchase, Sales and General Ledgers
* Monitor and control company cash books and bank accounts, ensuring smooth cash flow and providing forecasts
* Chasing of overdue debtors, resolving queries and disputes
* Complete returns, to include VAT and Intrastat
* Maintenance of company fixed asset register, processing journals, accruals and prepayments
* Management of a Small Weekly and Monthly Payroll
* Completion of Monthly Accounts and provide forecast and analysis vs budget
* Creation of Analysis on KPIs and provide commentary on performance to MD
* Daily use of Sage Line 50 and MS Excel
* Assist with ad hoc duties as needed with the running of a small accounting office
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained in a similar position, and be comfortable covering all aspects of accounting activity for a small business.
A hands-on approach and willingness to assist in non financial duties in non peak time is key.
Previous experience of using Sage Line 50 is desirable, but not essential.
In return, this varied and challenging role offers a basic salary of up to £32,000 coupled with excellent benefits.