My client is a SME Business experiencing a period of steady expansion, they have traded locally for in excess of 20 years.
To move forward in the next stage of growth, FRS have been engaged to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business.
Working closely with the MD, you will play a key role in developing the management accounts and assist in the continued growth of the company.
This will be a varied role and along with accounting experience, the successful candidate will have experience in strategy and business management.
Working from lovely offices in rural Warwickshire, alongside a friendly management team, the successful candidate will need:
• Design and implement annual budget, to be reviewed at each month end, with “waterfalls” of actual to budget and update annual rolling 12-month budget.
• Proven ability to satisfactorily manage groups of people, through office staff, operational teams and managers for each division.
• Responsible for managing all the tasks undertaken by the admin staff (sales ledger, stock, purchase ledger, purchase order number system etc.), to improve the monthly management accounts accuracy.
• Design and implement monthly reports to track, surveyors estimates, (costs and time allowed) against actual and investigate any errors in the estimate or actual costs; produce an audit trail to ensure that all work and costs have been properly recorded, and to ensure that procedures are in place and followed to capture all work in progress and associated purchases at month end.
• Take over the production of accurate monthly management accounts from an external accountant, and prepare VAT returns.
• Produce divisional monthly management accounts to Gross Profit and consolidated monthly management accounts to Net Profit before taxation; design a recharge method for the use of group plant, by each division; recommend to MD a company bonus scheme for all employees.
• Identify and develop new opportunities for development and growth of the business.
– To work with the MD and to manage the administration of the business
– To be a team player, able to set targets, work under own initiative to multiple deadlines
– To have; good analytical, organisational and time management skills
– A good working knowledge of SAGE and associated programs
– A working knowledge of the business systems and processes, including ISO
– Evidence, experience and motivation to develop the company, showing continual growth
In return, my client can offer a varied and challenging role with great scope to make the role your own and add value to the business, playing a key part in the company’s continued expansion.
A competitive basics salary coupled with lucrative bonus, and scope to grow to Finance Director with Share options can be offered.