My client is a leading international business within the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Industry, ideally situated within Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Due to continued growth, they are actively looking to recruit a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Finance Manager / Head of Finance, to join their UK business.
This is an opportunity to influence and be the financial lead on-site, whilst also being part of a larger team.
We are seeking to recruit a highly numerate candidate who is confident with financial data, and its analysis and interpretation for different audiences. And who has had significant experience of overseeing the financial management of high value contracts and projects, with an excellent knowledge and experience of financial systems and accounting methodologies.
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer, as the Finance Manager / HOF you will need to be an all-round accountant, with demonstrated and proven experience in both management accounts and financial statutory reporting. You will be comfortable managing a small team, and promoting an excellent working culture.
You will be responsible for the Finance department within the UK and the Netherlands.
As the business continues to grow, you will be required to provide relevant support to new territories across Europe.
• Leadership and management of the financial activities across the UK and Netherlands sites.
• Provide a business partnering service to Senior Leadership, Site Leadership and Business Unit Leaders.
• Financial Planning Analysis, including Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting for local and global stakeholders.
• Providing financial direction, support and guidance to all Key Stakeholders.
• Monthly Management Accounts to tight deadlines, within group guidelines.
• Year-end full financial accounts preparation.
• Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals, Intercompany Reconciliations.
• Responsibility for debtor management and cash collections across the UK and Netherlands.
• Implement, maintain and manage new and existing processes across the ERP system (Oracle).
• Liaising with auditors and Tax advisors, including Tax Management and Compliance.
• Responsibility for Banking activities across the UK and Netherlands site.
• Manage Budget and forecast processes for finance across multiple sites.
• Ensure full compliance with HMRC and other governmental regulations, including preparation of VAT returns, EC sales reports, National statistics and P11D”s, among other corporate governance activities.
• Working with the group leadership team to update cash flow information and provide rolling 6 month forecasts.
• Preparing financial information for key stakeholders across the local subsidiary and wider group, including the executive team.
• Management of a small finance team, including employee development.
• Company secretarial duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with prior experience gained working within an international business.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience in a position, whereby they had significant accountability of the finance function.
Demonstrable financial management and commercial experience, with a strong track record of supporting business growth.
Leadership and teamwork skills, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing and rapidly growing environment.
Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills.
Ability to formulate financial plans (long term and tactical), and ensure full engagement.
Gravitas and ability to influence change, and build strong financial management within the business.
Due to the unique and fast paced nature, prior experience gained within healthcare, pharmaceuticals / biotech would be ideal, however is not essential.
In return, my client is able to offer both a varied and progressive opportunity, with a rapidly expanding business within a thriving industry sector.
A basic salary of £55,000 to £70,000 coupled with excellent benefits await.